In the recently published journal astrophysics, a team of researchers introduced their new method for more accurate estimation of the total amount of matter in the universe. In fact, all that we can see, interact and feel constitutes only a small part of the universe. By calculating the total mass of hundreds of galaxy clusters, the new study found that the composition of matter accounts for less than one-third of the total universe. < p > < p > for a long time, scientists believe that matter and energy account for about 32% vs 68%. In addition, conventional (baryonic) matter only accounts for about 5% of the total amount of cosmic matter, while “dark matter” accounts for the vast majority. < / P > < p > but a team of scientists led by the University of California, riverside (UCR), has fine tuned the weights in a new calculation. According to the new study, matter accounts for 31.5% of the total universe, while dark energy accounts for the remaining 68.5%. As a mysterious force, the latter seems to be pushing the expansion of the universe. Mohamed Abdullah, author of the first study of < p > < p > said: “if all matter is evenly distributed throughout the universe, its average density is equivalent to only about six hydrogen atoms per cubic meter. But since we know that 80% of matter is dark matter, most matter is not made up of hydrogen atoms, but another form of matter that cosmologists have not yet understood. < / P > < p > to draw conclusions, the UCR team has developed a new tool called galweight, which can calculate the mass of clusters by measuring the orbits of individual galaxies. Then it was compared with the data of 756 star clusters from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) to simulate the formation of galaxy clusters. < / P > < p > these simulations start with different quantities of matter, so researchers can more accurately predict the proportion of matter / total that may eventually be contained in the universe by looking at which simulation conditions best match the observations. Gillian Wilson, co-author of the study, < / P > < p > added: we have successfully completed the most accurate measurement using cluster technology. < / P > < p > although it is only the first application of this technology, the final value obtained is consistent with that of other teams (such as anisotropy of cosmic microblog background radiation, baryon acoustic oscillation, type Ia supernova or gravitational lens, etc.). < / P > < p > although this information may not be important to most people, understanding the evolution of the universe will help us to finally solve the mystery of dark matter and dark energy. Epic Games accused Google of monopolizing the latter, which may have a better chance than apple

By ibmwl